[OpenAFS-devel] Re: AIX 6.1 tl 8

Loggers, JEW - SPLXM Enno.Loggers@KLM.COM
Wed, 14 Aug 2013 10:23:00 +0200

I did find versions 1.6.5 for AIX on openafs.org: rs_aix61-tl5.tar.gz end r=
s_aix61.tar.gz
Both versions are not working.
After installing, loading the kernel and starting afd, when I do a cd to /a=
fs and then an ls -la my session is frozen.. Nothing in errpt no udp traffi=
c to the afs server.

Enno

From: openafs-devel-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-devel-admin@openafs.o=
rg] On Behalf Of Derrick Brashear
Sent: maandag 12 augustus 2013 21:48
To: openafs-devel@openafs.org Devel
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS-devel] Re: AIX 6.1 tl 8

AIX 6.1 builds for pre-TL05 and TL05+ should now be visible on openafs.org

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 2:07 PM, Derrick Brashear <shadow@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wr=
ote:
On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 08:31:16 +0200
"Loggers, JEW - SPLXM" <Enno.Loggers@KLM.COM> wrote:

> I need a working version =A0of the openafs client for AIX 6.1 TL8.
> The latest version for AIX 6.1 found on openafs.org is =A01.6.2.
> This version is not working it crashes.
> Is there a change to get a working version for this AIX level?
Which tarball did you use for 1.6.2: rs_aix61-tl5.tar.gz or
rs_aix61.tar.gz ? My understanding is that there was an incompatible
kernel change in TL05, so you need to use the module for TL05 and later
(this stuff isn't really clear from the release page; but I assume you
need rs_aix61-tl5.tar.gz). When you upgraded the machine to TL08, were
you upgrading to a pre-5 TL?

I think Niklas Edmundsson was the one providing AIX 6 binaries, and I
assume he's still reading this list. I assume he can still provide
binaries for 1.6.5 if asked nicely; according to buildbot, the code
still builds fine on his 6.1 TL08 machine.
He provided the host; I did the builds. =

My principal got unexpired an hour ago and I'm doing the builds now :) =

-- =

Derrick =

-- =

Derrick =

For information, services and offers, please visit our web site: http://www=
.klm.com. This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privi=
leged material intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addresse=
e, you are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be dis=
closed, copied or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-=
mail or attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have=
 received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by ret=
urn e-mail, and delete this message. =

Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or its e=
mployees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission o=
f this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt. =

Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. (also known as KLM Royal Dutch Air=
lines) is registered in Amstelveen, The Netherlands, with registered number=
 33014286
		=09