[OpenAFS-devel] master branch fails on RHEL5

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Fri, 16 Aug 2013 13:06:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013, Jason Edgecombe wrote:

> FYI,
>
> The builds of the master branch on the RHEL5 build slave have been failing.
> 1.6.5 compiles successfully with some warnings.

Thanks for the heads-up.
Picking a random example
(http://buildbot.openafs.org:8010/builders/rhel5-x86_64-builder/builds/1418/steps/compile/logs/stdio)
it looks like the rule to install rxka.h in TOP_INCDIR is being run with
$? (the out-of-date sources) expanding to an empty string.  Off the top of
my head, that sounds like a make bug, as it should not be running the rule
if there are no out-of-date dependencies and the target is not marked
.PHONY or similar.

-Ben