[OpenAFS-devel] Question about AFSIDAT files, remake

Stefan Schnieber stef@mailbox.tu-berlin.de
Tue, 20 Aug 2013 18:17:07 +0200

Hi,
Is there there a way to map a file name to the namei path  under
/vicep?/AFSIDat/? Besides digging ther source code

We have the file path under /afs/tu-berlin.de/...., the volumes (id) and
their mountpoints.

volid.pl only delivers the first part.

Backround:
We have to do a desaster recovery of a fileserver. That never ever
should happen. Don't ask.
We have a backup, it's fine for the last years, but not for the last two
weeks :-~ Murphy?!

We hope to get some data back from the lost&found and the namei pathes
would be a great help.

I will be grateful for any help you can provide

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Stefan Schnieber