[OpenAFS-devel] release-team meeting minutes 2013-12-04

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Thu, 5 Dec 2013 19:39:54 +0100

Log: =
http://conference.openafs.org/release-team@conference.openafs.org/2013-12-=
04.txt

Participants:

* Andrew Deason
* Ben Kaduk
* Jeffrey Altman
* Marc Dionne
* Mike Meffie
* Stephan Wiesand

=3D=3D 1.6.6pre2 =3D=3D

Significant changes foreseen to be merged for 1.6.6 include the =
Mavericks symlink fix, which touches code used on other platforms =
(10519), and build fixes for at least RHEL5 (10518) and SLES 11 =
SP3(10472), with not much else coming up. It seems reasonable to issue a =
second prerelease with these changes, which received review during the =
meeting.

We should get pre2 out before the next meeting.

Feedback on pre1 has been underwhelming. Pre2 is another chance to ask =
for it.

=3D=3D Linux 3.13 =3D=3D

Marc reports we're still good with the current git as of this morning. =
Gerrit 10530 is for 3.13, but a warning fix only.

=3D=3D Problem reports =3D=3D

Ben submitted RT #131780, which is about a longstanding problem =
apparently surfacing more frequently than in the past: Linux being =
confused when a single directory is accessible through several different =
paths. There's no trivial fix at hand, and possibly none at all that =
would be suitable for 1.6.x. Thus, no point in blocking on it.

=3D=3D 1.9 branch =3D=3D

This was planned for "after Thanksgiving", but some preparatory work has =
to be done before the branching, including at least:

- completing libtooling and checking the impact
- no longer building/distibuting  LWP versions of binaries by default
- merging open changes on master that should be in 1.9
- dealing with the impact on packaging

No ETA yet

--=20
Stephan Wiesand