[OpenAFS-devel] Making supergroups default to on

Steve Simmons scs@umich.edu
Wed, 23 Jan 2013 14:36:23 -0500

On Jan 23, 2013, at 10:59 AM, Stephan Wiesand <Stephan.Wiesand@desy.de> =
wrote:

>=20
> On Jan 23, 2013, at 16:23 , Steve Simmons <scs@umich.edu> wrote:
>=20
>>=20
>> We use and love supergroups here, but I agree - if the default were =
to have changed, it should have been at the 1.6 release. I know it's a =
bit early to talk about 1.8, but if anybody is developing a feature =
release list, supergroups ought to be on it.
>>=20
>> For what it's worth, our 1.4.X pts servers have run with significant =
use of supergroups for years without crashing. So at least on Linux, the =
code seems pretty stable.
>=20
> Were they amd64?

i686 - old Xeons, actually. Until we had to reboot due to some server =
room issues, they'd been up a couple of years.

Steve