[OpenAFS-devel] slave suggestions for buildslaves?

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Tue, 25 Jun 2013 14:22:46 -0400

On 06/24/2013 02:42 PM, Michael Meffie wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 17:00:34 +0100
> Simon Wilkinson <simonxwilkinson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 24 Jun 2013, at 16:08, Michael Meffie wrote:
>>> In addition to more cycles per seconds in the pool of build slaves, we
>>> could make the buildbot master configuration a bit smarter about about
>>> scheduling builds from gerrit.
>> The biggest speed improvement we could make with buildbot would be finding
>> some way of cancelling any outstanding builds for patchsets 1..n when
>> patchset n+1 is submitted for a change. The usual way that we end up with day
>> long backlogs is because a large tree of changes is being repeatedly rebased.
>>
> I'd think this could be done with a change to the buildbot contributed
> GerritScheduler (or maybe even just a "change filter" to the scheduler).
>
> Unfortunately, I've not been able to actually locate the code for the
> GerritScheduler, which I believe is currently being used.  The information on
> wiki.openafs.org seems to be out of date:
>
>     http://wiki.openafs.org/buildbotmasternotes/
>
> Jason, Is this code available somewhere?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Mike,

I've pushed the code to the openafs branch of my buildbot repo on github:
https://github.com/edgester/buildbot/tree/openafs

This should reflect the code as is currently running on the buildbot master.

Jason