[OpenAFS-devel] crypto backend and integration for rxgk

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Fri, 03 May 2013 15:02:39 -0400

Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@MIT.EDU> writes:

>> I don't see why - all of our kernel objects are built completely
>> separately from the userspace ones.
>
> Do we already build separate libraries that get linked into the kernel
> module?  I thought it was just a bunch of objects all linked together
> -- the annoying part would be unwrapping the library build into
> separate object files.

Not even -- the kernel build pulls in the sources directly and rebuilds
them in a kernel environment.  E.g., rx.c is built for userspace and
then the kernel module rebuilds rx.c in the kernel build environment.
I.e., the source file gets compiled twice.

The kernel does not pull in "pre-built" libraries.

-derek