[OpenAFS-devel] Re: BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 28 May 2013 11:11:52 -0500

On Fri, 24 May 2013 19:49:30 +0300
Markus Suvanto <markus.suvanto@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have updated my openafs to the lates .6.3pre2 and I have not seen
> any crash/NULL
> dereference problems  anymore.
>
> Previous version was 1.6.3pre1, it might be so that commit
> a71cc5511c115c1b6cb4a6a2997a846bab6e19e2
> also solves problems what I have seen.

Your original post said you were trying with 1.6.3pre2....? The NULL
pointer dereference and stack trace you mentioned is pretty clearly
elsewhere, and should be solved by something like
<http://gerrit.openafs.org/#change,9928>.

Unless you're talking about the btrfs RCU hangs...? I left your
mentioned test running on a vm for a while here, but hadn't seen it hang
yet.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net