[OpenAFS-devel] Re: debian-linux-i386-builder issues

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 8 Oct 2013 15:03:58 -0500

On Tue, 8 Oct 2013 15:38:06 -0400
Michael Meffie <mmeffie@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> > Before I go any further I'd also just like to mention that just
> > modifying our compile_et to just generate one file at a time would
> > seem to be a pretty easy way to get rid of this whole problem. While
> > I would like to understand what is happening here, I would like it
> > _more_ if it just went away, so maybe that's a better way to go.
>
> I think the goal was to allow for external versions of `compile_et',
> so we do not need to have special options.

I thought we diverged some time ago. We already rename our compile_et
and libcom_err so we don't conflict with the 'system' compile_et and
libcom_err. I don't see how a non-openafs compile_et could work, since
ours adds stuff like <afsconfig.h> to the preamble of generated files. A
system compile_et isn't going to do that.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net