[OpenAFS-devel] LWP and clang

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 16 Oct 2013 14:19:04 -0400

On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 13:26:08 -0400 (EDT)
Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been seeing lots of runtime crashes when running clang-compiled
> LWP-using binaries, for several months now at least.  My experiences have
> Is this a well-known issue?  Do other people see it?

No.  I think the assembler stuff for x86 has been pretty well tested
on Solaris/x86 platforms though.  I wonder if the stack usage by clang
is different.  That is always a bit hard to predict.

> There are no warnings produced at compile time that obviously indicate the
> LWP code is doing things clang does not like, so I don't have any good
> ideas for debugging other than pondering the disassembly of the faulting
> instruction(s).

Does src/lwp/rw run reliably?  Do something like repeat 100 src/lwp/rw