[OpenAFS-devel] release-team meeting minutes 2013-10-30

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Wed, 30 Oct 2013 20:37:53 +0100

Log: =
http://conference.openafs.org/release-team@conference.openafs.org/2013-10-=
30.txt

=3D=3D Attendance =3D=3D

 * Andrew Deason
 * Ben Kaduk
 * Marc Dionne
 * Stephen Quinney
 * Stephan Wiesand

=3D=3D 1.6.6 =3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D Linux kernels =3D=3D=3D

Marc tested against the current git as of this morning, and we're still =
ok. Odds are that 3.12 will be released during the weekend. This would =
be good since we'd not have to deal with Linux kernel changes after =
pre1.

=3D=3D=3D OS X Mavericks =3D=3D=3D

Andrew reports that for at least one user the client panics when =
creating symlinks. [And in RT #131763 it is reported that the installer =
doesn't work - but that's not a bug since there is no Mavericks =
installer].

=3D=3D=3D Client panic reports on openafs-info and in RT #131747 =3D=3D=3D=

The 10354..58 stack of changes still needs review [at the time of =
writing this, it could be considered sufficient though].

=3D=3D=3D BSD fixes =3D=3D=3D

Ben pulled up a number of BSD specific changes: gerrit 10374..81 need =
review, but we don't expect any obstacles to including those in 1.6.6. =
He'll +1 the changes once re-tested.

He's still fighting a stack alignment problem with Clang and the LWP =
code on FreeBSD.

=3D=3D=3D Release notes =3D=3D=3D

No new draft yet, but there's sufficient feedback to produce one.

--=20
Stephan Wiesand
DESY -DV-
Platanenenallee 6