[OpenAFS-devel] Re: pthreading the bosserver

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Wed, 4 Sep 2013 12:58:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 9 Aug 2013, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Aug 2013, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
>
>> Maybe, I should just try to implement my idea and we will see if it works
>> or not.
>
> A sketch of what I had in mind is up at
> https://github.com/kaduk/openafs/commits/chas-bozo ; it passes minimal
> smoke-testing on my dev box (running a ptserver that doesn't have a prdb).
> It does not have the extra "shutting down" flag value that jhutz mentioned,
> for now.
>
> At 72 insertions/75 deletions, it doesn't really have a "smaller code"
> endorsement going for it ... what do people think?

I'm assembling a changeset merging the still-useful bits of my patchset
with Chas's heavy lifting on the pthreading front, at
https://github.com/kaduk/openafs/commits/newbozo .  I changed the
commit-IDs for everything past the first commit (which was verified by
buildbot already), so as to not cause confusion on gerrit.  (I also
abandoned my gerrit changes for my old patchset.)

Once I have squahsed, reviewed and tested things, I plan to push it to
gerrit for general review.

-Ben