[OpenAFS-devel] Re: debian-linux-i386-builder issues

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 5 Sep 2013 18:50:09 -0500

On Thu, 05 Sep 2013 12:18:19 -0400
Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@your-file-system.com> wrote:

> My point is that the rule that was selected was set on a per builder
> basis because of the different revisions on each build slave.   If the
> revisions of buildbot and/or git changed without the build rules being
> updated, the breakage is not surprising.

Okay, so I think you were trying to answer my "why is it this way"
question. I interpreted your original response instead as a reason to
not change it. If that's incorrect, then okay, sorry.

Interpreting your response as the latter: well okay, but that's not an
answer. That doesn't answer "why are we passing -X?", and so that
question still remains. From what I can see from the last discussion,
using -X was the ideal; as in, that's what we used if there were no
issues with git or buildbot versions. It looks like every build slave
that has an explicit clean rule uses -X, with the sole exception of the
rhel6 slave.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net