[OpenAFS-devel] adding -info to -announce

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 1 Apr 2014 14:07:45 -0500

Anyone feel free to 'move' this elsewhere or suggest I do so, if you
want. I'm never sure where to suggest/discuss infrastructure stuff like
this.

In the past I've heard people express concern that some people don't see
messages on openafs-announce, since they don't sign up for it for
whatever reason (e.g. they just sign up for -info and don't realize
-announce exists). To me this seems pretty silly, since our current
setup is the same as every other project I've seen (users/general,
devel, and announce).

However, having everything sent to -announce also go to -info would
completely eliminate this concern, and I cannot see any possible
downsides to doing so. I believe mailman has code specifically for
handling one list as a member of another, so the behavior is sane (no
duplicate messages to people who are on both lists, etc).

For the linux mountpoint stuff I was just sending to both -info and
-announce, but that's pretty awkward when the -announce message gets
delayed or rejected. Sending to -devel would maybe make sense, too, but
anything further seems too special-purpose.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net