[OpenAFS-devel] release-team meeting minutes 2014-04-16

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Tue, 22 Apr 2014 20:15:08 +0200

Log: =
http://conference.openafs.org/release-team@conference.openafs.org/2014-04-=
16.txt

Participants:

* Andrew Deason
* Ben Kaduk
* Daria Brashear
* Marc Dionne
* Mike Meffie
* Stephan Wiesand

=3D=3D Linux news =3D=3D

Marc tested the 1.6 head against 3.15-rc1 during the meeting, and we're =
still good.

=3D=3D Problem reports =3D=3D

Linux stack overflows (RT #131831):

A new version of the stack of changes was submitted for review right =
before the meeting. May not make it in time for 1.6.8.

Fileserver crash in libkrb5 (RT #131852):

Caused by using a keytab that doesn't actually exist with Heimdal 1.5. =
Not our fault, but we should work around it - especially because the =
problem will occur when the k5/kdf procedures are followed by site =
admins. Daria whipped up gerrit 11075 during the meeting.  1.6.8pre2 =
should wait for the workaround, unless it takes too long to finish.

Client fails to start/stop cleanly if fileservers unavailable (RT =
#131847):

Not a new problem. It would be nice to address, but it's unlikely that a =
fix will be available anytime soon.

=3D=3D 1.6.8 release =3D=3D

Pre2 waits for gerrit 11075. Nothing else is foreseen to go into 1.6.8 =
at this time.

=3D=3D Testing =3D=3D

A few sites have already expressed interest. Andrew will send a =
solicitation to the lists to gather more.

=3D=3D Next stable branch(es) =3D=3D

No news. Andrew volunteers for posting to -info, describing the options =
and asking for feedback.

--=20
Stephan Wiesand
DESY -DV-