[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] freezes acessing /afs/.git

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon, 11 Aug 2014 07:07:17 -0400

On Sun, 10 Aug 2014 00:31:14 -0500
Troy Benjegerdes <hozer@hozed.org> wrote:

> Part of the problem is also applications that look for random files all
> over the place
>
> I think negative caching and maybe some sort of 'cell-configured' negative
> cache file is going to be necessary.

Before I go ahead and actually write something again how about a
consensus on where this negative cache should be?  I don't think the
dnlc currently supports caching negative information (the comments say
that anyway) but that shouldn't be too hard to fix.  Caching negative
entries in afsd would be easier of course.

I would probably like to be able to examine and purge this cache as
well.  This would be sort of vile since it would likely be part of fs
and have to go down to kernel and back up to afsd if negative caching
in afsd (unless we want to do something else like a unix domain socket).

Anything else?