[OpenAFS-devel] Re: OpenAFS client crashes on RHEL 5.10 and RHEL 6.5

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 18 Mar 2014 14:24:55 -0500

On Tue, 18 Mar 2014 14:16:12 -0500
Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:

[RHEL patch]
> ------------------
>
> That seems like it gets rid of any problems. Now 'new' will be NULL if
> it finds a "non-moveable alias", so we still get to use our aliased
> dentry. If the duplicate mount point is in the same parent dir, it may
> be a little strange since we may ping-pong d_move'ing back and forth
> between the entries, but I can't find any actual problems with that
> happening.

However, that is just the targeted fix for RHEL. I was pointed at this
for the upstream direction:
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.btrfs/32714/focus=82546>

Honestly I haven't had time yet to look at that very closely, but
according to the 'documentation' patch in that series, it still seems
like we are prohibited from directory aliases so it seems like that may
still be a problem.

CC'ing J. Bruce Fields, if he has anything to say about this.
d_materialise_unique still seems like it would be problematic to me, as
I mentioned earlier, since using it can result in vfs_rmdir'ing a dentry
where our parent inode does not match the dentry's d_parent->d_inode,
which can panic may_delete. But it's very possible I am missing
something here.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net