[OpenAFS-devel] Re: RestrictedQuery strange build failure on AIX

Gergely Risko gergely@risko.hu
Wed, 19 Mar 2014 21:48:24 +0100

On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 16:41:33 -0400 (EDT), Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@MIT.EDU> writes:

> The fix is to export the afsconf_CheckRestrictedQuery from
> liboafs_auth and/or libafsauthent (as appropriate), by adding it
> (sorted alphabetically) to the files liboafs_auth.la.sym and/or
> libafsauthent.la.sym, as appropriate.  The dependencies in the root
> Makefile.in suggest that libafsauthent is the relevant one for this
> executable, but I don't remember enough of the distinction between the
> two to guarantee that the new symbol will not need to be exported from
> both of the auth libraries.
>
> -Ben Kaduk

Thanks a lot Ben, actually I found that while grepping for
afsconf_SuperUser, then added afsconf_CheckRestrictedQuery to the same
file, because it's the same library. I was panicking because I got the
build error even after that. The explanation is simple, it was a build
still for a previous patch set.

For the latest patch set AIX now builds because of a change I applied
that is exactly like the one you suggested.

So thanks and sorry for the noise, everything is fine, my gerrit change
is verified now.

Gergely