[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Building OpenAFS on SmartOS

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 8 May 2014 00:29:13 -0500

On Wed, 7 May 2014 21:29:26 -0400
Coy Hile <coy.hile@coyhile.com> wrote:

> gcc  -I/home/hile/openafs/src/config -I/home/hile/openafs/include -I. -I. -m64  -o rmtsysd rmtsysd.o libsys.a /home/hile/openafs/lib/librx.a libsys.a /home/hile/openafs/lib/liblwp.a /home/hile/openafs/lib/util.a -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl -lintl -ldl
> savecontext                         /home/hile/openafs/lib/liblwp.a(lwp.o)
> returnto                            /home/hile/openafs/lib/liblwp.a(lwp.o)
> ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to rmtsysd
>
> Is there something simple that I’ve missed here?  If it would be
> helpful, I can tar up this build tree and stuff it in AFS somewhere.
> (obviously, this box has no access to AFS itself.)

Those symbols are very platform-specific, so I don't think it's a normal
simple mistake and it actually has to do with these changes. Those
symbols are supposed to be in liblwp.a, from process.o which gets built
from process.amd64.s. Can you look in src/lwp and see what symbols are
in process.o, or what happened when trying to build it?

Also it would be helpful if we knew exactly what source you're building
from. I'm not clear on if you're building directly from the changeset
referenced, or if you added stuff or pull it to modern master, etc.
(It'll need to be pulled to current master at some point.)

Just putting the whole source tree in AFS is one way, but it could be
easier to just publish a git branch on gerrit or github or somewhere, or
just send a diff to the list from a known commit (assuming it's small).

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net