[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Building OpenAFS on SmartOS

Chas Williams (CONTRACTOR) chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 08 May 2014 06:07:08 -0400

In message <F31ECB54-6CD2-4279-8637-BF8409B4E79B@coyhile.com>,Coy Hile writes:
>gcc  -I/home/hile/openafs/src/config -I/home/hile/openafs/include -I. =
>-I. -m64  -o rmtsysd rmtsysd.o libsys.a /home/hile/openafs/lib/librx.a =
>libsys.a /home/hile/openafs/lib/liblwp.a /home/hile/openafs/lib/util.a =
>-lresolv -lsocket -lnsl -lintl -ldl
>Undefined                       first referenced
> symbol                             in file
>savecontext                         =
>/home/hile/openafs/lib/liblwp.a(lwp.o)
>returnto                            =
>/home/hile/openafs/lib/liblwp.a(lwp.o)
>ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to rmtsysd
>collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
>
>Is there something simple that I=92ve missed here?  If it would be =
>helpful, I can tar up this build tree and stuff it in AFS somewhere. =
>(obviously, this box has no access to AFS itself.)

If your sysname is different then you might need to modify
src/lwp/Makefile.in to build the right primitives for changing context
inside of cooperative threads.

On Solaris (sparc/x86/amd64) this is handled via some assembly in
process.s