[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Building OpenAFS on SmartOS

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 9 May 2014 06:52:25 -0400

On Thu, 8 May 2014 22:08:54 -0400
Coy Hile <coy.hile@coyhile.com> wrote:

>=20
> I=92ve made some further progress here, building against master; I mana=
ged to get the LWP stuff to build, but I had to hack up src/lwp/Makefile =
to hard-code=20
> =9764 rather than $(ASFLAGS) in the assembler line to create process.o;=
 my attempts to get ASFLAGS set to =9764 if using gcc (and thus gas) have=
 so far failed.

You might need to modify src/lwp/Makefile.in since ASFLAGS is used
to figure out the XCPPFLAGS potentially.  That should really be=20
somewhere else (like osconf.m4).

> so any help fine-tuning this is welcome.  If somebody needs a SmartOS b=
ox to build on, I will spin up an internet-facing instance and create log=
ins as needed.

I will see if I can find my VM image.