[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Building OpenAFS on SmartOS

Coy Hile coy.hile@coyhile.com
Thu, 15 May 2014 21:49:44 -0400

On May 15, 2014, at 7:59 AM, coy.hile@coyhile.com wrote:

> Yeah, make libafs alone on that particular image will do what I need. =
I'm going to stand up a fileserver running this code from master (commit =
cc215459) this afternoon/evening. I'll report back how it works.
>=20

Looking at the git logs, I should have the rxkad-k5 patch set/capability =
in this build, should I not?  My cell as it exists now has only aes256 =
keys for afs/cell.  Am I missing something in the build, it doesn=92t =
appear that bosserver is even trying to open =
$PREFIX/etc/openafs/server/rxkad.keytab when I truss starting that =
process. Contrast that with my debian box that=92s a production =
fileserver where it=92s blatantly obvious in strace output.

config.log shows this from my build:

It was created by OpenAFS configure 1.5.76-4232-gcc215, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.69.  Invocation command line was

  $ ./configure --prefix=3D/opt/local --enable-namei-fileserver =
--with-krb5

I haven=92t missed yet another something obvious here, have I?  I can =
certainly attempt to back port this change set to the =
openafs-stable-1_6_x, but I think it=92d be more useful in the long run =
if I get everything working acceptably on master first.

-C=20=