[OpenAFS-devel] open issues for an openafs 1.8 branch

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 1 Oct 2014 16:08:00 -0400

On Wed, 1 Oct 2014 12:18:38 -0400 (EDT)
Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@MIT.EDU> wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Oct 2014, Chas Williams (CONTRACTOR) wrote:
>
> > Not lazy, but if nothing else is linked against it then it should be
> > safe to do whatever you want.  You aren't going to break anyone else's
> > binaries.
>
> I'm pretty sure that there are external consumers of these things, they're
> just site-local tools that are not in Debian.

I guess you should ask openafs-users how onerous it would be for them
to rebuild their local tools or how many have local tools linked
against shared libraries.

The only big changes I see are afsconf_BuildServerSecurityObjects() and
osi_Panic().  afsconf_BuildServerSecurityObjects() changed it's
arguments and osi_Panic() became a variadic.  These aren't commonly used
in clients but I don't know what site-local tools/servers might be out
there.