[OpenAFS-devel] aix-builder demoted

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Sat, 11 Oct 2014 11:01:38 -0400

On 10/09/2014 03:30 AM, Niklas Edmundsson wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Oct 2014, Jason Edgecombe wrote:
>
>> I have demoted the aix-builder in buildbot to stop blockingthe builds.
>
> Jeffrey Altman kindly notified me that the AIX builder had stopped
> working. Everything was running on the host, but didn't do anything. I
> have now restarted the buildslave processes, and now something happens
> at least ;)
>
> Is it possible to get the buildbot-thingies to notify me as an admin
> when "my" buildslaves stops working?
>
> I don't read this list regularly, and since the thing usually is able
> to go unattended for a year at a time I don't do manual checkups very
> often...
>
> /Nikke

Hello Niklas,

Yes, I can have buildbot notify someone when a build slave is down. If
enabled, you would be notified once for each time the slave goes down.
This doesn't catch the cases where the slave is up and malfunctioning.

If you or any of the buildslaves admins prefer this, then I can add it.
Your email address will be listed in the buildbot configs in my github repo.

Please let me know if you still want this, and which email address you
want to be notified.

Thanks,
Jason