[OpenAFS-devel] release-team meeting minutes 2014-10-08 (and before)

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Tue, 14 Oct 2014 19:24:27 +0200

[My apologies for not having sent out minutes for a while. But all the =
meetings since mid August revolved around the same topics as last week, =
so this is more or less a summary valid for all of them.]

Logs:
=
http://conference.openafs.org/release-team@conference.openafs.org/2014-10-=
08.html
=
http://conference.openafs.org/release-team@conference.openafs.org/2014-10-=
01.html
=
http://conference.openafs.org/release-team@conference.openafs.org/2014-09-=
24.html
=
http://conference.openafs.org/release-team@conference.openafs.org/2014-09-=
17.html
=
http://conference.openafs.org/release-team@conference.openafs.org/2014-09-=
10.html
=
http://conference.openafs.org/release-team@conference.openafs.org/2014-09-=
03.html
=
http://conference.openafs.org/release-team@conference.openafs.org/2014-08-=
27.html
=
http://conference.openafs.org/release-team@conference.openafs.org/2014-08-=
13.html

=3D=3D Participants (last week) =3D=3D
* Ben Kaduk
* Daria Brashear
* Marc Dionne
* Stephan Wiesand

=3D=3D 1.8 branch =3D=3D

Daria merged a stack of changes from Ben (starting with gerrit 11458) =
during the meeting. All prerequisites for creating the branch, as =
discussed in previous meetings and the thread starting at =
https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-devel/2014-September/019997.ht=
ml and listed in http://wiki.openafs.org/OpenAFS18Notes/ , should now be =
in place.

We thus believe that the branch can now be cut - barring showstoppers =
that may be brought up now.

[Ben adds: "There doesn't seem to be much energy/enthusiasm for any =
tree-wide cleanups that haven't already happened yet, so I think we =
should probably go ahead and branch "soon" and put out an alpha.

We probably should get 11532 in first.  I could see an argument that we =
should get some doc updates in as well; I will try to do some, but am =
not sure that we should block on it if it's just going to be me.]

=3D=3D 1.6.10 release =3D=3D

After a last minute fix in gerrit 11530, 1.6.10 should finally be ready =
to release. [New tarballs were uploaded - still to be considered =
preliminary since there's no git tag yet]. It supports Linux kernels up =
to 3.16, but not 3.17 . There are rumours that the getcwd may be back in =
1.6.10, possibly due to gerrit 11358. No firm reports though, so we'll =
release 1.6.10 as is and deal with possible problems in 1.6.10.1.

=3D=3D 1.6.10.1 release =3D=3D

Changes to cope with Linux 3.17 are available in gerrit 11455 and 11492 =
. More review and testing of those is needed. This is all we foresee to =
go into 1.6.10.1 right now.