[OpenAFS-devel] release-team meeting minutes 2015-04-08

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Thu, 9 Apr 2015 18:10:53 +0200

On Apr 8, 2015, at 18:49 , Stephan Wiesand wrote:

> Google will stop providing OpenIDs as accepted by gerrit.openafs.org =
on April 20. Mike reports that Mark Vitale successfully used =
launchpad.net as a provider, and Marc successfully tested this  during =
the meeting.

This worked for me too. Just sign in to gerrit while you still can, and =
then under "Settings" -> "Identities" use "Link Another Identity" and =
enter https://launchpad.net/~your-nickname . Do *not* use this URL for =
signing up before, or gerrit will create a new account and the launchpad =
ID can no longer be added to your existing one.

And as Chaskiel commented: "Note that since gerrit does not have any =
sort of user accessible account recovery mechanism, and does not keep =
sessions around very long, people will need to add the alternate =
identity provider before April 20."

Longer term, I hope gerrit.openafs.org will be updated to a release =
coping with OpenID Connect.

--=20
Stephan Wiesand
DESY -DV-