[OpenAFS-devel] Retiring the debian-i386 buildbot slave. Do we need a replacement?

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Mon, 13 Apr 2015 21:44:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015, Nathaniel Hatley wrote:

> Good Afternoon,
>
> Is there any interest in converting the Debian 8 i386/amd64 builders from
> twice daily builds to commit triggered?  They seem to finish around the 12
> minute mark while a few of the other builders are currently going between
> 16 minutes (Windows builds) and 24 minutes (OpenSUSE 12 i386) to complete,
> so there will be no increase in the time taken to get build results.

I have interest in this change happening.  (Jason is firewalled off from
the build master at the moment, but that should change soon, I think.)

> Also, is there a preference as to how often the Debian 8 hosts are
> updated?  I realize it is possible that an update can break a previously
> successful build, so I wanted to get feedback on
> hourly/daily/weekly/monthly patching.

I don't think there's need for hourly or daily (we are not regularly
sending them stuff to do that often), but weekly or monthly seem
reasonable.

We have to deal with fallout from upgrading the buildslaves on other
systems as well, so this is not a significant change, in my opinion.

-Ben