[OpenAFS-devel] Signing Mac Pkgs

Dave Botsch botsch@cnf.cornell.edu
Thu, 30 Apr 2015 00:27:30 -0400

I've been looking at signing Mac pkgs to make Gatekeeper happy (at least
for the "install" step). It looks like, as of 10.9.5 and up, Apple
purposely disallows acceptance of a signed "bundle" PKG, which would
appear to be what the current PKG is. One must instead create a so
called "flat" pkg, which means using the newer pkgbuild tool
(supposedly, packagemaker with a 10.5 target will do this as well, but,
well, it doesn't, probably due to the additional scripts). For the most
part, the flat pkg would appear to be able to use the same input as the
current "bundle" pkg. But, the scripts that are allowed are different.
So, that has to be worked around. And, whether or not the cell config
plugin is allowed as well is unclear.

So, has anyone looked at converting from packagemaker to pkgbuild and a
flat pkg? Anyone have anything partially or mostly done off which I can
work?

Thanks.

--
David William Botsch