[OpenAFS-devel] Taking a step back

Andrew Deason adeason@dson.org
Mon, 27 Jul 2015 02:22:21 -0500

Hi all,

As some people have noticed, I haven't really been actively
participating in openafs stuff as much this year. Sorry about that. This
is partially because of some projects that pulled me away from working
directly on openafs code, but also because of some shifting interests.

This situation was not intentional or planned, but it will continue like
this at least for a little while. Earlier this month, I resigned from my
full-time position at Sine Nomine Associates, but I am continuing to
work with SNA as a contractor for openafs stuff. So some patches will
still keep coming in from me, but I am not intending/expecting to be
involved with day-to-day operations of the openafs project, at least for
the short-term future.

I don't really have any official responsibilities with the openafs
project, so this doesn't really change anything. The only thing close to
an exception I believe is that group of "openafs testers" thing I was
doing, which I've already transitioned to Mike Meffie. I'm still working
on the OOB project when I can.

So this isn't much of a "change", but I just wanted to say something,
because I don't like it when people just seem to disappear. My
<adeason@sinenomine.net> email address still works, but I'd encourage
anyone to use <adeason@dson.org> if you want to reach "me" (as opposed
to "the SNA contractor"), and you probably want to email me directly if
you want me to actually see it.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@dson.org