[OpenAFS-devel] buildbot compile failures

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Sun, 22 Mar 2015 16:36:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jason,

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015, Jason Edgecombe wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> FYI, the following builders are showing failures:

Thanks for the reminder :)

> on 1.6 branch:
> http://buildbot.openafs.org:8010/builders/freebsd100-i386-builder
>
> building the same revision was working, then started failing, presumably from
> OS updates:

Yup, this machine is secretly now running FreeBSD 10.1 (instead of 10.0),
and the new version of clang does not recognize -mno-align-long-strings as
a no-op; just removing it from the compiler arguments should be a
reasonable workaround, but there is a potentially better option, to
backport changes to use the native kernel module build system.  This is
still on my radar, but I've been a bit hosed.

> http://buildbot.openafs.org:8010/builders/opensuse-tumbleweed-i386-builder

It looks like this got fixed since you sent your message, having been:
tee: .makelog: No space left on device

> Been failing a while:
> http://buildbot.openafs.org:8010/builders/ubuntu14-x86_64-builder

http://gerrit.openafs.org/#q,status:open+project:openafs+branch:master+topic:ubuntu1404,n,z
should fix that build; we're just coming to some agreement about the
details of http://gerrit.openafs.org/#change,11757 (slowly).  I have no
strong ownership over those changes, so if someone with more time wants to
push a new version on top of things, by all means go ahead.

-Ben