[OpenAFS-devel] call for windows buildbot contribution

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@mit.edu
Wed, 13 Jan 2016 01:52:22 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 12 Jan 2016, Nathaniel Hatley wrote:

> It has been a few years since I've configured a Windows system for building
> OpenAFS, but I'm taking a shot at it on the same system I'm hosting the
> Debian buildslaves on.  I have no guesses as to what the typical build
> completion time would be like on my system (provided I can successfully
> re-create the compilation environment needed).  I'll let y'all know how it
> goes.

Thank you.  I ended up with a few pages notes the last time I had to put
together such a build environment...

> Assuming I can get everything working and the build time is reasonable, it
> may be possible to get it added into the Gerrit-triggered builds.  However,
> my system is hosted from my house over a consumer-grade internet
> connection.  I cannot guarantee 99.99% uptime for this system.  What is the
> maximum acceptable outage window for Gerrit-triggered builds?

After three (er, five, now, if my temporary workaround hasn't been
reverted) days, the build master will stop trying to build a change that
has not been reviewed by buildbot, so that is at least an upper bound.

Given that we are running on volunteer time/donated systems, we cannot
make too many demands.

-Ben