[OpenAFS-devel] GNU glibc >=2.26 and openafs

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@mit.edu
Sun, 10 Dec 2017 14:38:04 -0600

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 01:58:43PM +0100, Peter Gille wrote:

> On 2017-12-09 19:45:27 +0000, Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu> wrote:
>
> > I think that as of commit 7293ddf325b149cae60d3abe7199d08f196bd2b9
> > (so, quite some time ago), we are supposed to only be using the
> > in-tree XDR bits, at least for userspace builds.  So it should be
> > easy to resolve this issue by just removing the offending include
> > directives -- I took a stab in the chain of patches ending at
> > https://gerrit.openafs.org/#/c/12802/ .
>
> Ah, ok. That was good news.
>
> > Well, it looks like 2.26 is only in debian experimental so far, so
> > my systems (on unstable) haven't picked it up yet.
>
> Sure. It was released in August so I would have been surprised if any
> major distro picked it up yet. Still, it's good to be prepared.
> Especially since this turned out to be a fairly minor patch.

Well, the Solaris buildbots don't seem to like it, with a pretty
opaque error message (at least to me), so it will probably need a
little more tweaking before it can land on master, but it's
definitely promising.

> > Could you give the above patches a try and see if they help?
>
> They seem to work on 1.8.0_pre3 but I'm getting some unrelated linking
> errors there so I can't actually run it at the moment.

Please tell me more about the linker errors on 1.8.0pre3!  Until
now, the only known potential blocker for 1.8.0-final is the issue
with getcwd() failures on RHEL 7.4, so we'd really like to hear more
about peoples' experiences with the latest beta.

> Adapting the patches to apply to 1.6.22 seems to work except there is
> one include that is missed in src/rxkad/rxkad_client.c, line 40.
> Commenting that out as well gives a working compile and a running afs.

Maybe 4659c5c9924171525454cd2a2280ed9370476998 fixed that one on
master.

Thanks for testing!

-Ben