[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Difficulties to compile OpenAFS 1.8.0 alpah1 e.g. on Solaris x86 5.10

Karl Behler karl.behler@ipp.mpg.de
Tue, 31 Jan 2017 19:18:25 +0100

--------------F881D420F6C759FB00AD89C3

On 27.01.17 18:13, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 06:04:28PM +0100, Karl Behler wrote:
>

>>> "/afs/ipp/home/k/kcb/src/openafs/1.8.0.pre1/src/afs/UKERNEL/sysincludes.h",
>>> line 839: warning: syntax error: empty declaration
> It looks like it's complaining about the extra semicolon after the end
> of the function definition for panic().  Probably just left from
> copy/paste of the prototype above it.

... removed the extraneous ";" ... the warning is gone
>>> swig -perl5 -o PERLUAFS/ukernel_swig_perl.c
>>> ./ukernel_swig.i *** Signal 11 - core dumped make: Fatal error:
>>> Command failed for target `PERLUAFS/ukernel_swig_perl.c' Current
>>> working directory
> Ah, thanks for sending this log.  The swig thing is a "well-known" issue,
> in that a couple of the buildbot builders have been running into it
> for a very long time, and I haven't been able to reproduce it locally
> to debug.  (I'm not sure how much time anyone else has put into understanding
> the issue.)
>
>> Do you have any idea how to proceed. (I doubt that I'm in the position
>> to understand why swig core-dumps.)
>>
>> Is there a way to circumvent making the PERLUAFS?
> It's probably best to just skip trying to build that part.  Unfortunately,
> the current openafs sources don't have an good way to do that (we will
> add one before the final release).  It may be easiest to just rename
> swig to swig.old while you run configure.  (You can move it back before
> building openafs; the configure stage should be enough.)  Alternately,
> you could hack up src/cf/swig.m4 and rerun regen.sh, if you can't move
> swig out of the way.

I hacked src/cf/swig.m4

So now the build went through.
(There are still a lot of warnings about prototype mismatches. If they
matter, please let me know.)
I guess I will first test the client against our running 1.6.18.3 servers.
Is there somewhere a list how to test a new OpenAFS release?

Regards,
Karl

--
Dr. Karl Behler
CODAC & IT services ASDEX Upgrade

--------------F881D420F6C759FB00AD89C3

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
      type="cite">
"/afs/ipp/home/k/kcb/src/openafs/1.8.0.pre1/src/afs/UKERNEL/sysincludes.h",
line 839: warning: syntax error: empty declaration
</pre>
      <pre wrap="">It looks like it's complaining about the extra semicolon after the end
of the function definition for panic().  Probably just left from
copy/paste of the prototype above it.

</pre>
    ... removed the extraneous ";" ... the warning is gone<br>
      type="cite">
          <pre wrap="">swig -perl5 -o PERLUAFS/ukernel_swig_perl.c
./ukernel_swig.i *** Signal 11 - core dumped make: Fatal error:
Command failed for target `PERLUAFS/ukernel_swig_perl.c' Current
working directory
</pre>
      <pre wrap="">Ah, thanks for sending this log.  The swig thing is a "well-known" issue,
in that a couple of the buildbot builders have been running into it
for a very long time, and I haven't been able to reproduce it locally
to debug.  (I'm not sure how much time anyone else has put into understanding
the issue.)

</pre>
        <pre wrap="">Do you have any idea how to proceed. (I doubt that I'm in the position
to understand why swig core-dumps.)

Is there a way to circumvent making the PERLUAFS?
</pre>
      <pre wrap="">
It's probably best to just skip trying to build that part.  Unfortunately,
the current openafs sources don't have an good way to do that (we will
add one before the final release).  It may be easiest to just rename
swig to swig.old while you run configure.  (You can move it back before
building openafs; the configure stage should be enough.)  Alternately,
you could hack up src/cf/swig.m4 and rerun regen.sh, if you can't move
swig out of the way.

</pre>
    I hacked src/cf/swig.m4 <br>
    So now the build went through.<br>
    (There are still a lot of warnings about prototype mismatches. If
    they matter, please let me know.)<br>
    I guess I will first test the client against our running 1.6.18.3
    servers.<br>
    Is there somewhere a list how to test a new OpenAFS release?<br>
    Regards,<br>
    Karl
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Dr. Karl Behler