[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS release team weekly meeting

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Wed, 10 Jan 2018 21:40:35 +0100

Thanks a lot Mike!

Ben asked for links to changes or change stacks to ease review. So, =
inline, together with a few comments

> On 09.Jan 2018, at 19:24, Michael Meffie <mmeffie@sinenomine.net> =
wrote:
>=20
> OpenAFS release team weekly meeting
>=20
> Date: Jan 5, 2018
> Participants:
>  * Stephan Wiesand - Release Manager 1.6
>  * Ben Kaduk (Release Manager 1.8)
>  * Mark Vitale
>=20
> The weekly release team meetings are held on Fridays at 14:00 GMT on =
jabber
> (xmpp) in release-team@conference.openafs.org.  Please request login
> information if you would like to participate. Logs are available at
> https://conference.openafs.org/release-team@conference.openafs.org/
>=20
> 1.6.x stable series
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>=20
> 1.6.22.2
> --------
>=20
> The next planned 1.6.x release will be 1.6.22.2 release to support
> linux 4.15:
>=20
> - macos high sierra support

=
https://gerrit.openafs.org/#/q/status:open+project:openafs+branch:openafs-=
stable-1_6_x+topic:highsierra

> - linux 4.15 support

=
https://gerrit.openafs.org/#/q/status:open+project:openafs+branch:openafs-=
stable-1_6_x+topic:Linux-4.15

> - changes to address getcwd() issues on RHEL7.4 (now merged on master)

=
https://gerrit.openafs.org/#/q/status:open+project:openafs+branch:openafs-=
stable-1_6_x+topic:RH74_shakeloose_refactor

https://gerrit.openafs.org/12658
https://gerrit.openafs.org/12818

> (The rpm specfile changes may be deferred.)
>=20
>=20
> 1.6.23pre1
> ----------
>=20
> Candidates for 1.6.23pre1
>=20
> Rx fix already on master/1.8:
>=20
> 7784 rx: rxi_ReceiveDataPacket do not set rprev on drop

Meanwhile pulled up, with two variants as discussed in the meeting:

=
https://gerrit.openafs.org/#/q/status:open+project:openafs+branch:openafs-=
stable-1_6_x+topic:7784-v1

=
https://gerrit.openafs.org/#/q/status:open+project:openafs+branch:openafs-=
stable-1_6_x+topic:7784-v2

> Fixes for ubik quorum lose issues:

These changes (and there are more come, right?) frighten me a bit, and I =
consider it important to issue an early prerelease if we actually want =
to include them in a 1.6 stable release. Thus review of them is =
particularly welcome:

> 12803 ubik: avoid early DISK_Begin calls we know will fail
> 12806 ubik: update epoch as soon as sync-site is elected
> 12807 ubik: remove useless signal call
> 12811 ubik: allow remote dbase relabel if up to date

=
https://gerrit.openafs.org/#/q/status:open+project:openafs+branch:openafs-=
stable-1_6_x+topic:ubik

> Other candidates, backported from 1.8.x/master. Reviews
> for 1.6.x branch are needed.
>=20
> 12684 libafs: avoid resetting the dynroot volume every 10 minutes
> 12685 libafs: rename volume accessTime to setupTime
> 12686 libafs: update the volume setup time when the vldb is rechecked
> 12687 libafs: vldb cache timeout option (-volume-ttl)
>=20
> 12667 afs: fix afs_xserver deadlock in afsdb refresh

These are trivial:

> 12645 Put jhutz's ubik analysis in doc/txt
> 12646 doc: Add introduction and credits to ubik.txt
> 12666 Linux: fix whitespace in osi_sysctl.c
> 12643 afs: Improve "Corrupt directory" warning
>=20
> Other candidates may be proposed. Reviews are welcome.

Thanks again,
	Stephan
>=20
> Note, the recent change on master which is not a candidate for 1.6.x
> (this is a build fix for 1.8.x):
>=20
> 12853 rx: remove trailing semicolons from FBSD mutex operations
>=20
>=20
> 1.8.x series
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>=20
> 1.8.0pre4 (beta) was released (shortly after the meeting). This is =
considered
> the final beta release.  Test reports are appreciated. The next =
release will be
> a release candidate.  Known items to be addressed in the next release:
>=20
> * the FreeBSD build fix (12853) and new sysnames for FreeBSD
> * autoconf refactoring changes
>=20

--=20
Stephan Wiesand