Y[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS release team weekly meeting

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Mon, 15 Jan 2018 19:39:00 +0100

> On 15.Jan 2018, at 19:26, markus.suvanto@gmail.com wrote:
>=20
>=20
>>> AFS cache partition is btrfs subvolume,=20
>>> cacheinfo: /afs:/mnt/ssd/openafs_cache:20000000
>>=20
>> Can you put your cache in ext[234] and try again?
> I don't have any partitios available but I can give up
> swap and format that partition to ext4 and give a try.

Removing all swap space may cause other "interesting" issues. If you =
have sufficient space left on some filesystem, you could instead create =
a file with a fileystem on it and loop mount that:

dd if=3D/dev/zero of=3D/where/space/left/image bs=3D1M count=3D2048
mkfs.ext[234] /where/space/left/image
mount -oloop /where/space/left/image /mnt/openafs_cache=20

Worst case you can still make that file sparse, as long as the fs has =
sufficient space to lodge the actually required space.

>>> Sorry, systemd has destroyed logs already
>>=20
>> So the systemd craze has reached gentoo as well.
> Yep, that craze is supported also :)

Let's face it, systemd is upon us, and it's not that bad. What is bad is =
the way it's used (configured) in current distros.