[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS on Raspi (ARM)

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Wed, 11 Sep 2019 22:35:37 +0200 (CEST)

I just tested the OpenAFS client and dkms packages on a Raspi 4 under
Raspian dist.

As my Raspi 4 has 4GB of RAM I thought memcache was a nice idea.

Nope, I got a bunch of uninterruptable defunct afsd and raising load.

So I can report that the combination of

openafs 1.8.2-1
kernel 4.19.66-v7l+ on armv7l
and memcache

is somehow broken. With disk cache instead it passes a simple "write
file and delete it" test.

Unfortunately this box is not at a place where I with ease can do
further tests which may result in many reboots, but I just thought I
let you know of my findings if someone wants to do the same.

Harald.