[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] 2020 AFS Technologies Workshop Cancelled.. kafs update

Giovanni Bracco giovanni.bracco@enea.it
Mon, 6 Apr 2020 10:17:45 +0200

Thank you for the news!

I have tried for the first time the kafs client on a Fedora 31 and it
worked really nicely, I am very impressed by how it is simple to have it
working. Of course I have no be able to make a massive test yet, but it
look really interesting

My feeling is that to  put it really in production the main missing
points are:

1) pam module
2) user commands, essentially "fs" first of all and also "pts"
3) inotify

The bos, vos and backup command can be run on server nodes, which can be
standard OpenAFS systems, am I right?

Giovanni