[OpenAFS-devel] Android studio hangs openafs

markus.suvanto@gmail.com markus.suvanto@gmail.com
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 00:04:46 +0300

ma, 2021-08-30 kello 20:34 +0000, Mark Vitale kirjoitti:

> > On Aug 30, 2021, at 4:12 PM, markus.suvanto@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > I'm using systemd-resolved.service
> > https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-resolved.html#
> > https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/nss-resolve.html
> > and I have symlinked
> > /etc/resolv.conf -> /run/systemd/resolve/stub-resolv.conf
> > This configuration hangs android studio if project files are under /afs/...
> >

> > But but... Then I removed this symbolick link
> > rm  /etc/resolv.conf
> > and android studio start to work.
>
> Excellent - thank you for sharing the solution!
> I hope it continues to work well for you.

Thank you for pointing this DNS stuff...
Some small annoyances remain but now I know how to recover..

For example Openafs works if I remove /etc/resolv.conf
but this breaks aklog program when I try to
take foreing cell (xxx) tokens over wireguard vpn.

kinit masu@XXX.COM
works ok but after that
aklog -cell xxx.com
fails "aklog: Can't get information about cell xxx.com"

aklog command start to work when I restoreĀ
/etc/resolv.conf -> ../run/systemd/resolve/stub-resolv.conf

And one more thing...
After reboot systemd restores this link...

But these are small annoyances :)