[OpenAFS-devel] openafs-client 1.8.6 update in ubuntu 18.04 ppa not upgradable

Spencer Olson olsonse@umich.edu
Sat, 30 Jan 2021 23:32:52 -0700

Just a heads up that the 1.8.6 updates in the master ppa that were
uploaded on Jan 15 do not update because of a broken dependency on
init-system-helpers (>= 1.54~) whereas the standard install only has
up to init-system-helpers 1.51.  I'm guessing that whoever created the
packages that were uploaded to the master ppa had a repo that pulled
in a newer version of init-system-helpers.

I think that the other package(s) that depend on init-system-helpers
will probably also not update (perhaps only openafs-fileserver ?).

Spencer Olson