[OpenAFS-devel] Google Summer of Code and OpenAFS

Dave Botsch botsch@cnf.cornell.edu
Wed, 17 Nov 2021 14:09:05 -0500

In past years, OpenAFS has pariticpated in the Google Summer of Code.
It's a good opportunity to raise awareness of the OpenAFS project and
recruit potential new folk in addition to getting some fun code out of
it.

The OpenAFS Foundation would like to propose that we apply to the
program and that the community mentor one or two students. Because
everyone is busy, the Foundation would compensate the mentors for their
time as paid volunteers. We are looking at $3000 to compensate each
mentor.

If you are interested or have thoughts or comments, please email me back
and/or post something in the channel.

Thanks!

On behalf of the OpenAFS Foundation, Inc.

--
David William Botsch