[OpenAFS-devel] Gerrit login?

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@mit.edu
Tue, 16 Aug 2022 08:53:28 -0700

Hi Ben,

On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 03:48:09PM +0000, Ben Huntsman wrote:
> Hi guys-
>    One more dumb question... how exactly does one log into Gerrit?
>    I'd prefer to use my AzureAD/Office365 info if that is an option, but Google is a possibility as well.  I tried entering both usernames in the registration screen, but neither works.

At the moment we're on an older version of the gerrit software due to the
java version on the donated VM hosting it.  So the ecosystem of supported
OpenID providers has evolved a fair amount since the UI was frozen for our
version.

I think most people are currently using a Launchpad account to login,
though I believe that other providers can work.

When I do manage to get the version of gerrit updated, there are some
changes in the authentication stack and authentication methods that I think
would open up more options in this space, but I haven't looked closely
enough to be sure, yet.

-Ben