[OpenAFS-devel] pre-AFS3 source

Daria Phoebe Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Sat, 28 Oct 2023 09:01:26 -0400

In the event it's of interest to any of you as it is to me, I figured
it was worth sharing that I recently obtained a copy of the AFS source
from circa 1988, as when IBM shipped their 4.3 BSD-derived operating
system for the IBM RT workstations they included a copy on one of the
tapes.

Bitsavers has a copy of the AOS distribution and it's a tar file named
file.20210417.23:54:33.1 in the directory 5799-CRH AFS 19881222

http://www.bitsavers.org/bits/IBM/RT/rt_aos43/AOS_4.3.zip

Incidentally, if any of you happen to have source code for the wmc
window manager which was approximately an X11 version of the original
Andrew Window Manager from circa the same period, I'd appreciate a
copy.

--
Daria Phoebe Brashear
AuriStor, Inc