[OpenAFS-devel] compile failure with kernel 6.5

Cheyenne Wills cwills@sinenomine.net
Wed, 27 Sep 2023 11:48:24 -0600

On Wed, 27 Sep 2023 13:31:57 -0400
Eric Matlis <ematlis@nd.edu> wrote:

> Pardon me if this is not the correct place to post compilation
> issues.  I am not a developer, I'm just a long term OpenAFS user on
> Linux.
>=20
> I am finding a failure to compile either stable or git master branches
> under kernel 6.5 (Fedora 39 beta) using rpmbuild.  The error is:
>=20
> rpmbuild/BUILD/openafs-1.9.0/src/crypto/hcrypto/kernel/config.h:91:20:
> error: static declaration of =E2=80=98abort=E2=80=99 follows non-static d=
eclaration
>=20
> The build output near this error is posted below.  Any suggestions? I
> need AFS for my work computer so this is somewhat urgent for me.
> Thanks!
>=20

This was fixed by gerrit 15501 for the master branch and gerrit 15523
for the openafs-stable-1_8_x branch and will be part of the
upcoming 1.8.11 release.

Be aware that you will run into another build problem due to gcc-13,
linux 6.3 (or higher) with fortify source enabled.  There are open
gerrits (15573/15574) being worked on that addresses this additional
build problem.

--=20
Cheyenne Wills
cwills@sinenomine.net