[OpenAFS-devel] 1.8.11pre1 client hanging on Linux 6.7

Michael Laß lass@mail.upb.de
Sat, 20 Jan 2024 18:37:20 +0100

Hi all,

I am testing the OpenAFS client version 1.8.11pre1 on Linux 6.7 and
cannot get it to work. The dynroot in /afs is filled but as soon as I
try to access my test cell (/afs/fritz.box), the access just hangs
forever. The accessing program (such as ls) cannot be interrupted until
I force a network disconnect between my client and the server. Going
back to Linux 6.6.12 solves the issue.

I'm not sure how to debug this further. This is what `cmdebug
localhost` shows on the client, while ls is hanging:

Lock afs_discon_lock status: (none_waiting, 1 read_locks(pid:0))
** Cache entry @ 0xf4e11100 for 0.1.16777984.1 [dynroot]
    locks: (none_waiting, write_locked(pid:6924 at:599))
              20 bytes  DV            1  refcnt     2
    callback 00000000	expires 0
    0 opens	0 writers
    mount point
    states (0x5), stat'd, read-only

Do you have any idea what could cause this issue or how I could debug
this further?

Best regards,
Michael