[OpenAFS-Doc] docbook conversion of QuickStartUnix

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:11:23 -0400

In message <87mzn44jxb.fsf@windlord.stanford.edu>,Russ Allbery writes:
>I like.  There are a few minor problems (I noticed a stray empty bullet,
>for instance), but it looks like a generally high-quality conversion and
>gets things into a format that would be much easier to work with.

the convertor isnt perfect since some of the things you can do in
html arent 'structured'.  figures/tables have to be converted
manually and some of the list conversions are just plain wrong (which
is probably what you see).

>The generated HTML, though, is hideous.  I assume that's just a matter of
>finding better DocBook to HTML tools?

i would guess its more a style sheet issue.  what is your specific
complaint?  xmlto might be more to your liking.  i couldnt figure
out how to get its pdf output to generate indexes.

try 'xmlto html auqbg000.xml' and open index.html