[OpenAFS-Doc] docbook conversion update

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sun, 28 Aug 2005 20:33:42 -0700

chas williams - CONTRACTOR <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> writes:

> after starting conversion of AdminRef i realized its essentially all the
> man pages in a single volume.  at one point someone said the man pages
> might be converted to pod, so i dont see a need to convert this document.
> an alternative to pod though might be to convert the existing html to
> docbook's refentry format and generate the adminref and man pages from
> a single source.

I would strongly prefer to use the already-developed tools and work to
convert the AdminRef to POD and maintain the man pages in POD.  I find POD
about an order of magnitude easier to edit and maintain than DocBook
refentry.  Note that this work is mostly done and I'm just waiting for 1.4
final and some final consensus to commit it to mainline and start working
on it in earnest.