[OpenAFS-Doc] First cut of HTML reference manual

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:00:00 -0800

"AFS System Files" seems to be left out.

It would be handy if navigation aids were included.

The SYNOPSYS format of a man page is more difficult to read than the
equivalent IBM document.

I.e.
*kas setfields* *-name* </name of user/> [*-flags* </hex flag value or
flag name expression/>] [*-expiration* </date of account expiration/>]
[*-lifetime* </maximum ticket lifetime/>] [*-pwexpires* </number days
password is valid ([0..254])/>] [*-reuse* </permit password reuse
(yes/no)/>] [*-attempts* </maximum successive failed login tries
([0..254])/>] [*-locktime* </failure penalty [hh:mm or minutes]/>]
[*-admin_username* </admin principal to use for authentication/>]
[*-password_for_admin* </admin password/>] [*-cell* </cell name/>]
[*-servers* </explicit list of authentication servers/>+] [*-noauth*]
[*-help*]

vs.
kas setfields -name <name of user>
              [-flags <hex flag value or flag name expression>]
              [-expiration <date of account expiration>]
              [-lifetime <maximum ticket lifetime>]
              [-pwexpires <number days password is valid ([0..254])>]
              [-reuse <permit password reuse (yes/no)>]
              [-attempts <maximum successive failed login tries ([0..254])>]
              [-locktime <failure penalty [hh:mm or minutes]>]
              [-admin_username <admin principal to use for authentication>]
              [-password_for_admin <admin password>]  [-cell <cell name>]
              [-servers <explicit list of authentication servers>+]
              [-noauth]  [-help]

tedc