[OpenAFS-Doc] new pts_sleep man page

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Wed, 08 Aug 2007 22:05:34 -0400

--------------030402030502020308040703

Here is the new <pts sleep> man page. It should probably go into
man-pages/pod1.

Have fun,
Jason

--------------030402030502020308040703

=head1 NAME

pts sleep - Pauses for a few seconds

=head1 SYNOPSIS

=for html

B<pts sleep> S<<< [B<-delay>] <I<# of seconds>> >>>
   S<<< [B<-cell>] <I<cell name>> >>> [B<-noauth>] [B<-force>]

B<pts sl> S<<< [B<-delay>] <I<# of seconds>> >>>
   S<<< [B<-cell>] <I<cell name>> >>> [B<-noauth>] [B<-force>]

=for html

=head1 DESCRIPTION

The B<pts sleep> pauses for a specified number of seconds. The command
can be run from the command line or interactively. Running B<pts
sleep> on the command line isn't very useful. It's primarily for use
in interactive mode where you can use it to pause for a few seconds
between batch commands.

=head1 CAUTIONS

The B<pts_sleep> command is only available if OpenAFS was compiled
with the supergroups option, which is disabled by default.

Running bulk B<pts> commands may degrade the performance of the pts
server while they are run. In addition, server resource may not be
released immediately after commands are run. Because of this, the
L<pts sleep> command can be used in interactive mode to give the
B<ptserver> a change to catch up.

=head1 OPTIONS

B<pts sleep> takes the following options:

=over 4

=item B<-cell> <I<cell name>>

Specifies an alternate cell to talk to.

=item B<-delay> <I<# of seconds>>

Specifies the number of seconds to pause.

=item B<-force>

Continue the operation even if there are errors. This is useful for
bulk operations where you would like to continue even if one of the
many operations fails.

=item B<-noauth>

Perform the action as the unauthenticated user instead of using the
current users credentials.

=back

=head1 OUTPUT

This command has no output.

=head1 EXAMPLES

Here is an example of a B<pts interactive> session:

   %pts interactive
   pts> sleep 5
   pts> quit
   %

=head1 SEE ALSO

L<pts(1)>
L<pts_interactive(1)>
L<pts_quit(1)>

=head1 COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2007 Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com>

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. This
man page was written by Jason Edgecombe for OpenAFS.

--------------030402030502020308040703--