[OpenAFS-Doc] quick reference card

Esther Filderman mizmoose@gmail.com
Mon, 13 Aug 2007 00:56:21 -0400

The 2nd project I started working on yesterday was a quick reference
card, similar to the one that Transarc used to hand out in the very
early days of Transarc :).   This'll be another good gimme/give away
for the Workshop & for booths & the like.

I was discussing it briefly on IRC earlier today and of course
everyone had to pitch in with their ideas of how I should be doing it
:-P.   I'm not sure those I was talking with [CLAUSEN!!! :-)]
understood the target audience.    This isn't for the general AFS
admin, for who(m) "vos help" will make sense.  This is for a) Joe User
 and b) Joe User Confuser.

While I was working away at the pamphlet yesterday someone leaned over
my shoulder and said, "You know what woudl be great?   [Joe User
Confuser] keeps calling me up asking, 'How do I check AFS quota
again?' or 'How do I add someone to a PTS group again?'.  I want
something that Joe can use as a reference so he can stop bugging me
about these things over and over."

I first was given the card when I was the Andrew on-call, when AFS 3.0
was fresh and shiny, and very different from Vice2 [where you had to
control things on the fileservers themselves], so having the quick
reference was a gift squared.

It was suggested that another one be available for admins.  I'm iffy
on the idea, but, one step at a time.

Again, I'll send out a version of my in-progress card asap for comments etc.

:-)
moose