[OpenAFS-Doc] vldb_convert

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 28 Nov 2007 20:24:34 -0800

"Christopher D. Clausen" <cclausen@acm.org> writes:
> Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:

>> I have two questions:
>>
>> is vldb_convert still needed?

Only if you're upgrading from a really ancient AFS cell, so for most
people it isn't at the moment.

>> Is http://sman.informatik.htw-dresden.de/man/ALL/vldb_convert.html a
>> suitable man page that we can use for vldb_convert?

Well, we don't know the copyright of that text.  If it's based on
something that IBM released with OpenAFS, we can use it; otherwise, we
have to get permission.

Other than that, it looks pretty good to me.

Was there an old cat page for vldb_convert that this web page was created
from, perhaps?  If so, the old cat pages were released under the standard
IBM license.

> Any more importantly, are the maximums listed still accurate?  Is there
> a 255 fileserver limit for a cell?

No idea.